Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sanskar Vidya Bhavan School: An Overview

I am currently attending Sanskar Vidya Bhavan School in Bharuch. I am in the 11th standard (grade) and my subjects are Biology, Hindi, Chemistry, Physics, and English. The school is composed of an English medium school and a Gujarati medium school. I am in the english medium school. This is nice as all my classmates speak english and I can more easily make friends. Classes are also taught in english (except Hindi) so I can follow along somewhat too. There are about 40 students in my standard, we all stay in one classroom the majority of the day and the teachers come to us. There are nine periods a day with a snack break after 4th at 10 am and another short break after 6th. Everyday of the week there is a different schedule for classes.

Here's a picture of my school (from the school website, as I can't bring my camera to school):
The entrance to the school is to the left of this photo and my classroom is on the first floor if you look straight through the gate.


The School Seal is in the upper left corner.
Me in my uniform on the second day! (Missing belt, shoes, and socks--will post another picture when I have all three)


Imagine this path crowded with students of all ages in uniform, that's my walk to school from the bus in the morning and back to the bus in the afternoon.

The reason Marie and I go to Sanskar is the head is a rotarian.
I received what is hanging around my neck on the first day as a welcome from our standard's head teacher. It is made of khadi, the hand-spun cloth Gandhi promoted making as a gesture of self-reliance.


No comments:

Post a Comment