Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mumbai!!!

My first post from India was long and I have realized, from looking at other student's blogs, that what people most want to see are photos, so here is a post dedicated to photos from my four day trip to Mumbai (Bombay). We went to see my host brothers off on their flights to the U.S., but we also saw many famous sights and I met many extended family members. Here are the pics!


My host mom on the train

With my host brother, Pranav also on the train

With my maternal host granny

The sea link (a large bridge) in the city

In front of the old Taj Hotel (left) and the new Taj (right)

The Gateway of India

Full view of the Taj Hotel

Siblings by the Arabian Sea

This is Shahrukh Khan's house (the famous Bollywood actor)

Posing on the beach with Abhi and Binny

I felt like I was in Titanic in this elevator! 
Playing marbles (I'm terrible in case you were wondering)

Traditional greeting cards, usually given with money tucked inside

Dinner at a hotel (restaurant) with the whole family!
We visited almost every single member at their homes during our stay.

Seeing off Abhi, he's Florida-bound (I'm so jealous--his host parents live 15min from Universal Studios)

Mogera flowers tied in my hair (they smell wonderful!)

Mumbai local train!

"Lifeline of Bombai"

Three on a scooty!

Traditional tying of Raki on brothers, fathers, and male cousins

Seeing off Pranav, he's Texas-bound

1 comment: