Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Greetings!!!

Welcome everyone! Here I will be sharing--as often as possible--my experiences and emotions, the "high highs and low lows" and everything in between, on my incredible year-long adventure living in Bharuch, Gujarat, India. This journey is made possible by Rotary International and I'd just like to say I'm so thankful, especially for my sponsors at the Monadnock Rotary Club, and my hosts at the Narmada Nagari Rotary Club! In fact, thanks doesn't even cover it. I'm forever in your debt. It sounds cliché of course, but I've always wanted to travel the world to gain awareness of other cultures, learn to love more people, and see Earth's amazing places. Between high school and college just seemed like the best time to begin doing so! I am so grateful everything worked out. What once was just an idea has become a reality. For someone who doesn't always follow through immediately, it is a dream come true that I've pulled this off. I couldn't have done it however, without the support of my wonderful family and community. I simply cannot believe it--in a matter of weeks I will be 7,500 miles away from my home town of Peterborough, NH USA. It's a place I've lived for 14 consecutive years of my life. It will be interesting to see it in a different light when I return, but until then, I have a life in a year to live.

2 comments:

  1. I'M GOING TO MISS YOU SOO MUCH! AND THIS BLOG WILL BE LIKE ONE OF MY SOCIAL SITES THAT I HAVE AND ADDICTION TO(AKA FACEBOOK...) BUT I WILL COMMENT ON EVERYTHING SO YOU DON'T FORGET ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss you soo much! We are going to keep in touch and I will update you one EVERYTHING that happens in america, mostly NH. Have fun and be adventurous. (never forget my D's...) And never forget me, your #1 fan, friend, partner to complain with, and running buddy! <3 <3 mei

    ReplyDelete